Silver Lake Summer Food Tour
No matter what your taste buds are after, Silver Lake offers a wide range of dining options to please every palate.
Choose from delicious local flavors, fresh-off-the-grill burgers and dogs, mouthwatering chicken wings and pizza, Mexican fare, and cold sweet treats for those late-night cravings — we’ve got everything!
Here’s a bit more about what to expect when dining in Silver Lake:
A Wide Range of Choices
In the Silver Lake area, no two meals need be the same. Whether you’re traveling with the family, your sweetheart, or a group of friends, there’s something here for everyone.
Check out a smattering of vacationer favorites below:
- Pizza: Order a few pies for takeout at Silver Lake Pizza Factory or BC Pizza of Hart. If it’s a sit-down meal you’re after, try Hart Pizza or the Golden Sands Golf & Bucket Bar, both with great atmospheres and full bars.
- Burgers, Dogs & Deli Sandwiches: For a quick and tasty burger or dog, try Tasty Creationz in Silver Lake, or head to Hansen Foods’ Deli in Hart, which features an array of both cold and grilled sandwiches, tasty hot fried foods, and fresh and healthy salads.
- Mexican Fare: Enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine in downtown Hart! Folks come from miles around to enjoy tacos, enchiladas, flautas, tostadas, burritos, and much more at both La Fiesta and La Probadita.
Enjoying a day at the dunes on your ORV? Check out the Duneland Diner, located within DuneLand Off-Road Center — the perfect place to grab a bite while picking up parts for your ATV.
In Silver Lake, we are uniquely situated in the middle of the “Michigan Fruit Belt,” known for growing some of the nation’s most-prized fruits and other produce. Here, local foods are always available — whether at farmers’ markets or side-of-the-road produce stands or in area restaurants.
Want to try a “taste of Silver Lake”? Check out these establishments:
- Woodland Farm Market and Bakery: Award-winning, made-from-scratch pies and baked goods, jams and jellies, maple syrup, and much more.
- Country Dairy Market & Cafe: Fully-functioning dairy farm that makes their own ice cream, milk, and cheese. Their cafe menu is full of delicious sandwiches, wraps, and burgers.
- Pleasant Valley Farms & Vineyard: Family-owned winery, featuring an array of farm-made wines (imported ingredients are never used!).
Dinner With Entertainment
Perfect for couples looking for a night on the town, several local establishments feature live music, entertainment, karaoke, and dancing on select nights of the week. Check out their event schedules below:
Food the Kids Will Love
Traveling with little ones? Silver Lake has a wide variety of kid-friendly dining options! Here are a few we recommend:
- Country Dairy Market & Cafe
- Silver Lake Chicken Shack
- Silver Lake Whippy Dip
- Silver Lake Scoops Cafe and Creamery
Kickstart Your Morning
If you’re looking for a little caffeine to start your morning, then stop in at one of the local coffee shops:
Interested in the little hideaways locals love when they dine out? Check out these must-visit establishments:
- For Breakfast: Head to downtown Hart for an old-fashioned diner breakfast at The Pink Elephant Diner.
- For Lunch: Enjoy a delicious sit-down dinner with a cozy atmosphere at the Open Hearth Grille & Bar in Mears.
- For Dinner: Check out Golden Sands Golf & Bucket Bar!
So, is your mouth watering yet? Explore our complete listing of dining options on our Food & Drink page, and start planning your trip to Silver Lake today!