Top Places to Stay in the Silver Lake Area
Not sure where to stay on your trip to the Silver Lake area? After an exciting afternoon on the dunes or a day spent shopping and dining in town, here are some excellent lodging ideas for your well-earned rest!
Located just 8 miles from the dunes, American Host Inn features clean, quiet rooms and excellent service.
Featuring 61 guest rooms, a complimentary deluxe hot breakfast, and a long list of amenities, Dunes Express Inn & Suites is a favorite place to stay in Hart.
Dunes Waterfront Resort
With gorgeous views of Silver Lake, private balconies or patio walk-outs, free WiFi, and in-room whirlpools in several rooms, Dunes Waterfront Resort is a spectacular place to make your reservation in the heart of Silver Lake.
For a peaceful stay outside of town and close proximity to all the best attractions, Gateway Motel is the ideal option. The motel features 19 units, a continental breakfast, WiFi, cable TV, and much more.
Relax and unwind at the newly remodeled, family-owned Hart Motel & Suites. It’s everything you need in a motel stay, with air conditioning, updated décor, a picnic area with grill, and tons more.
Sierra Sands Family Lodge is the ideal place to stay with kids. Enjoy the basketball hoops, park area, picnic tables, and grills, outdoor heated pool, and a long list of other excellent amenities
Located right in the center of Silver Lake, Silver Sands Resort keeps guests coming back with an excellent location, tons of amenities, a heated pool, playground equipment for the kids, and more. Choose from condos/suits, motel rooms, and cottage rentals.
Your Safety and Enjoyment is Top Priority
In the Silver Lake area, we take the well-being of our visitors seriously. As such, area lodging establishments are doing their utmost to accommodate guests while enforcing best practices for safety and hygiene. While all hotels and motels have implemented their own unique protocols, you can expect all area lodging establishments to have enhanced, more frequent cleaning and sanitizing practices and mask-wearing among staff.
What’s Open, What’s Not?
Right now, it can seem like regulations and business openings change daily, causing a lot of confusion among Silver Lake area visitors. Here’s a quick rundown of what you need to know about the Silver Lake area in the time of COVID-19:
- Most restaurants are open for takeout, and some are open for in-person dining with limited capacity
- All bars are closed for indoor service and can only serve guests outdoors
- Shops and stores are open, with limited capacity
- Most beaches and parks are open
- By law, masks must be worn over the nose and mouth in all indoor spaces and outdoors, when it is difficult to stay at least 6 feet away from people outside your household; some exceptions apply.
Flexible Stay? 5 Reasons to Make a Midweek Reservation
While weekend getaways are always a draw for local visitors, check out these 5 reasons to choose a midweek reservation over a weekend one:
- Easier travel: Once Friday hits, northbound roads like I-96 and US-31 see lots of traffic. Head north midweek for a smoother trip and fewer slowdowns.
- Easier social distancing: Staying safe by social distancing is easier with fewer people around. The Silver Lake area is largely rural and features plenty of space to social distance.
- Less waiting at restaurants and shops: Restaurants and shops have limited capacities right now. Come midweek and you’ll see fewer lines and shorter wait times.
- Fewer people on the dunes: Looking for a peaceful walk or drive on the dunes? There’ll be fewer pedestrians and buggies out during the week.
- Better hotel deals: Who doesn’t like a great deal! With fewer people booking rooms Sunday-Thursday, rates tend to be lower.
The Silver Lake area features everything you need for a fantastic summer vacation away from the city: Awe-inspiring natural beauty, great places to stay, delicious places to dine, friendly locals, and of course — plenty of sun, surf, and sand!
Begin planning your Silver Lake getaway today, and don’t forget to tag your photos with #ThinkDunes!
What do YOU love most about the Silver Lake area? Share your shots with the tag #ThinkDunes for a chance to be featured.