Still More to Do in Silver Lake this September!
Like many businesses around the state of Michigan, establishments in Silver Lake got a late start this summer due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now in order to make up for lost time, many businesses are choosing to remain open past their usual closing date of Labor Day weekend.
For visitors and locals alike, this means a few more weeks to enjoy all the sand, surf, shopping, and fun our area has to offer!
Here’s a look at the projected hours for area businesses throughout September and October, including specific hours for select businesses who have already announced their closing dates for the year.
Silver Lake Sand Dunes and Dune Buggy & Jeep Rentals
The Silver Lake Sand Dunes ORV area will be open through October 31st. Jeep and buggy rental locations are projected to stay open as follows:
- Silver Lake Buggy Rentals is open until September 19th.
- Parrot’s Landing Jeep Rentals & Tours is open every day until September 27th.
- Mac Wood’s Dune Rides will remain open through October 4th.
- Wild Bill’s ATV Rentals is open every day through October 17!
Hotels and Campgrounds
Restaurants, Markets & Shops
- Fox Barn Marketplace & Winery will be open on weekends.
- Silver Lake Chicken Shack will be open weekends through September.
- Rennhack Orchards Market is open daily throughout the fall.
- Country Dairy Market & Cafe is open all year long.
- Claybanks Pottery will be open all year long.
Events & Activities
Most fall events have been cancelled this year. However, there are still amusements to be found elsewhere at farms, stables, and adventure centers.
- Craig’s Cruisers will be open weekends through September.
- Stony Lake Stables’ horseback riding will be offered through October.
- Lewis Adventure Farm & Zoo is open until November 1st. Enjoy special event weekends, such as the “Princess & Superhero Weekend” (September 26th & 27th).
Escape to Silver Lake This Fall
There’s no doubt that this summer has been unlike any other in recent memory, and it seems our fall will be no different. Still, with a large number of people continuing to work from home and many kids attending school online — often without after-school activities like sports and lessons — there’s possibly a silver lining to this colossal disruption of our lives.
For many couples and families throughout the state, now could be the perfect time to leave the city behind and spend some time outdoors in the great state of Michigan — even if it’s just for a weekend. Why not enjoy the spectacular gift of living in such a beautiful place? The Dunes, Lake Michigan, and the changing leaves of fall in Northern Michigan are calling.
So, what will you do with your extra time this fall? We hope you decide to spend some of it in Silver Lake. And if you need recommendations on where to stay, where to eat, or what to do, that’s what we’re here for.
Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful Michigan autumn!