Here’s How to Support Local Businesses This Holiday Season
As we enter the final stretch of the holiday season, many of us are shopping for those last few gifts for friends and family. And while it’s often easiest and fastest to *click, click* our way to online gift orders, this year we’re asking for the community’s support in helping our local businesses stay afloat.
Unfortunately, many of our small businesses have been hit particularly hard by the effects of the pandemic. A significant number of establishments along the West Michigan coastline and throughout the state have sadly had to close their doors as a result of these hard times.
Therefore, we hope that you will join us this holiday season by shopping our wonderful area businesses. The good news is, the holiday season is the perfect opportunity to show your support — and you don’t necessarily even have to go out to do so!
Here are some great ideas for holiday gifts that can be purchased right here in our own community.
Shop local this holiday season — There’s something for everyone …
- Gift cards to local eateries. Nearly all area restaurants, cafes, and bars offer gift certificates or gift cards. Even if your recipients won’t be using them right away, they’re perfect to have on hand for a rainy day when you don’t feel like cooking!
- For Her: Gift cards to local spas and beauty salons. Give her a day of pampering with a gift card from establishments like Gayle’s Salon & Spa or Main Street Medical Spa!
- For Him: Gift cards to local hardware stores. There’s always something that will be on his list from Larson’s ACE Hardware or Tractor Supply!
- For the Kids: Season passes at Lewis Adventure Farm & Zoo. A season pass entitles your little one to unlimited farm admission during the 2021 season!
- Gift cards for unique crafts and one-of-a-kind gifts. Shops like Claybanks Pottery and The Ivy Cottage offer special items you won’t find anywhere else!
- Learn more about other ways to shop local! Discover Oceana
Keep in mind that many Silver Lake area shops that are currently closed for the season may still offer gift cards online or via mail. Check business websites and social media pages to learn more.
You’re Always Welcome in Hart and Silver Lake
Certainly, no one has been unaffected by the unpredictable events of 2020. In the Silver Lake area and around the state, we’ve all felt the changes that this year has brought. But together, we’re doing our best to keep our community safe.
Hart and Silver Lake area shops, restaurants, bars, and other businesses are taking all of the necessary steps to keep their establishments as safe as possible for patrons and guests. If you’re considering a trip or excursion this holiday season, we invite you to support our local businesses and enjoy a relaxing getaway to the Silver Lake Area. There’s plenty to do, delicious fare all around, and a variety of places to stay.
We hope to see you soon in Silver Lake, and Happy Holidays to one and all!
What do YOU love most about the Silver Lake area? Share your shots with the tag #ThinkDunes for a chance to be featured.